The Teruel Provincial Council established the Escriche tender with two basic goals: The creation of a tourist infrastructure that will stimulate the zone socially and economically, and the preservation of the natural environment in the historical and artistic context of the Barony of Escriche.
Our proposal consists of a construction of models with different scales and contents that lead us to the design of the area.
- Territorial model: Teruel has a special and immediate relationship with Zaragoza and Valencia by means of the N-234 road and bus and train services. The execution of the new Levante-France trunk road via Aragón prioritises this axis as one of maximum activity.
- Model of tourist activity, related with ecotourism.
- Local model, seeking to reconcile high approach accessibility to the Barony with controlled restriction of access to it, preventing through traffic in all cases.
- Model of historical unity, characterised by the presence of the Manor House presiding over the eleven farmhouses surrounding it.
- Spatial model, of high scenic quality. This space, in the form of a half moon, originates in the narrow access ravine of the Rambla de Escriche and finishes at the majestic, rolling cultivated terraces lying below the Rinconada.
- Open Classroom model, making the artificial coherent with the natural. The question is rather to admit the conceptual "artificiality" established by a series of uses whose pertinence and situation are, however, determined by the "natural" order.
-Scenic model: seeks to integrate the constructions of the various installations with the landscape of cultivated fields. This integration is achieved by means of the idea of "construction of landscape".