- Construint a la Lluna · se buscan voluntarios para una fiesta
- Energía fotovoltaica crecerá de manera espectacular
- Vil·la Urània: un edificio que hace reflexionar sobre sostenibilidad
- Espacios laborables saludables y energéticamente eficientes
- La última capa de la construcción sostenible: pinturas de KEIM
Dwelling tower Girona
Site: Santa Eugènia Road. Girona.
Client: Torregirona S.A.
Year of project: 1995
Area: 6.760 m2
Awards: Architects Association of Girona
This assignment was complicated in Girona because it entailed a 12-storey tower next to the station and the Parc Central in a city that stood out owing to its commitment to reviving heritage and standing against high buildings. However, the approved arrangement incorporated a volume that was an elementary cylinder bearing this height which architects state in neither fish nor fowl. As we were using as a bases the partial plan, we decided to make the future typology requested by the client compatible with an enclosure that would simplistically improve the shape of the cylinder. Securing vertical grooves is essential whether it is the Greek columns and we applied ourselves to this task, likewise attempting to remove the presence of horizontal slabs from the façade.